Christina Veselak provides online and telephone relapse prevention and recovery coaching, mental health and integrative nutrition, and educational services.
Christina Veselak’s specializations include:
- Depression and Fatigue
- Panic Attacks, Anxiety and Insomnia
- Other psychiatric symptoms and disorders, such as psychosis
- Medical and Health concerns, including Chronic Pain, and Chronic Illness
- Stress Management
- Addiction, Recovery & Relapse Prevention
- Co-Dependency and Co-Addiction coaching and education
Within a safe, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I work hard to help you achieve the personal growth, recovery and healing you’re striving for.
Modalities I use include:
- Various Coaching and Educational Approaches
- Spiritual Support, Healing and Exploration as desired
- Mental Health Nutrition and Integrative Nutrition
- Amino Acid Therapy
Mental Health Nutrition and Integrative Nutrition
Many years ago, I began to discover that many of my clients became calmer, happier and more energetic as we addressed their diet and nutritional status. Through my studies as a nutritionist, and the personal experiences of my clients, myself and my family, I have discovered how many psychiatric disorders, such as addiction, depression, anxiety and even major mental illnesses, are caused, or made worse by nutritional issues.
These issues may include food allergies, poor eating habits and nutrient imbalances in the body. Some of these disorders need the intervention of skilled orthomolecular physicians and sophisticated testing. However, many times I can work with you to identify and correct nutritional imbalances that are contributing to your emotional and physical distress. If you so desire, I can also help you work with your doctor to find alternatives to psychiatric medication.
As some people find changing their diet, or taking supplements to be challenging, together we explore all your options and help you make changes that you can actually live with. I offer telephone or online nutritional consultations for clients around the world.
Integrative Nutrition Consultation for Therapists
As a service to therapists around the country as well as near Huntington, WV, I offer nutritional consultations to your clients, without taking over the psychotherapy. These consultations are typically 2-3 sessions at most.
Addiction and Co-Addiction Coaching
I offer individual sessions to help you determine if you or a family member are dealing with addiction and to help you find the right combination of services to insure a most successful recovery. I offer recovery and relapse prevention coaching for not just drug and alcohol addiction, but food addiction as well. I help you create a targeted amino acid and pro-recovery diet, designed to reduce acute withdrawal symptoms, cravings and post-acute withdrawal symptoms such as depression, anxiety, aggression, and insomnia. I give you individual support, while often recommending other support such as a 12 Step Program, or traditional treatment if indicated.
I specialize in working with people who have relapsed many times. I troubleshoot with you to uncover the dynamics that are keeping you from successfully applying your recovery skills. These may include past trauma, biochemical issues such as imbalanced Thyroid or Adrenal function, depleted neurotransmitters, and nutritional issues. I have been working in the addiction field for over 30 years. I also work with co-dependency and ACA issues, and help families respond in the most helpful way to an addicted family member. I do not do interventions, but I can help you find the right interventionist and addiction treatment program to meet your needs, including for drug and alcohol addiction, and food addiction.
- In-service training for agencies and schools in addiction prevention and advanced treatment approaches.
- Classes in Inner Child/Ego State work for psychotherapists.
- Classes in applying advanced trauma treatment modalities such as EMDR and somatic psychotherapy for psychotherapists. These are hands on application classes, rather than primary training.
- On-line training for professionals in biochemical and nutritional approaches to mental health and addiction recovery. These classes have been attended by psychiatrists, chiropractors, nurses, addiction counselors and other mental health professionals.
I consult for addiction treatment programs to help them integrate nutritional approaches into their program. This includes:
- Working with the kitchen to remove sugar and refined carbohydrates from the menu and create pro-recovery meals and snacks
- Providing educational materials for clients and curriculum for staff on using food and supplements to reduce cravings and relapse
- Creating a supplement program for clients, and training staff in how to implement it.
- Helping the medical staff understand, identify and treat underlying biochemical issues such as food allergies and intolerances, genetic polymorphisms, thyroid and adrenal imbalances, systemic inflammation and nutrient deficiencies. For more information click here:
Contact Christina Veselak
As an online Relapse Prevention and Recovery Coach, and Mental Health Nutritionist near Huntington, WV, Christina Veselak specializes in helping people who struggle with chronic relapse, along with utilizing amino acid therapy, and integrative nutrition for drug and alcohol addiction, food addiction, hypoglycemia and psychiatric disorders. Learn more about her treatment approach as a Mental Health Nutritionist here. While services are available online and by telephone to a national and international clientele, Christina Veselak’s office is located in Wayne, WV, near Huntington. Call her today at (303) 888-9617 or click here to request an appointment.